Pitlochry Festival Theatre - a remarkable success story!
Pitlochry Festival Theatre is a fabulous success story, a fully professional theatre successfully operating twelve months of the year in the small town of Pitlochry with a resident population of some 2,500 people.
Pitlochry Festival Theatre stages its own plays, which rival those put on at the top London and Edinburgh play houses, the very best actors supported by superb scenery produced by the theatre's own in-house team. Apart from the plays, they have a full programme of concerts, ceilidhs, workshops, exhibitions, tours and talks.
Pitlochry Festival Theatre's appeal and success lies in the fact that it attracts a wide audience which travel to Pitlochry staying in the many hotels, B&Bs and Guest Houses. Pitlochry Festival Theatre plays a very important part in the economy of Pitlochry and the wider area.
The popular Festival Restaurant and adjoining café & bar offer rooms with a stunning view over River Tummell, according to The Scotsman in 2008 its ‘One of the best views in Scotland’! The restaurant and café bar provide tasty, unpretentious yet contemporary food and a wide range of refreshments. The head chef creates unique signature menus for each Summer Season play, view the Whisky Kisses menu here.
John Stewart had the vision of a theatre in the hills way back in 1951, founding Pitlochry Festival Theatre. It started life in a huge tent in the Grounds of Knockendarroch House in Lower Oakfield, just off Pitlochry town centre. The present theatre opened in 1981 and has gone from strength to strength.
Pitlochry Festival Theatre opens all year around showing a series of 6 plays during the summer months and a varied programme of concerts, ceilidhs, workshops, exhibitions, tours and talks. To view the full programme of events at Pitlochry Festival Theatre.
- The 2015 Autumn Show is a new adaptation of the Graham Greene’s classic spy satire, Our Man In Havana.
- The 2015 Christmas Special (27th November – 27th December) is White Christmas, the musical! This is the return of the award-winning, five star production from 2012.
- The popular Winter Words Festival is held at the start of each year, attracting the UK's top authors in a 10 day festival.
Tickets are available to purchase fromwww.pitlochryfestivaltheatre.com, or Just the Ticket, its ticket office on the main street in Pitlochry, or by calling Box Office on 01796 484626.
Pitlochry Festival Theatre Booking Tips:-
- Saver Seats - You are guaranteed a seat at £15, but you do not know where you are sitting until the actual day of the performance, when the seats are allocated. There are always 50 seats held back from every performance for the saver seats. You can book a Saver Seat as far ahead as you like and collect your tickets on the day from the Pitlochry Theatre Box Office.
• Group Discounts (10+ people) only apply Monday to Thursday performances save £2.50
• Enjoy 20% off the cost of your group’s train or coach travel.
• Save 20% off your second booking as a group at Pitlochry Theatre.