Bolfracks Ornamental Gardens - 4 star garden grading award by Visit Scotland
Bolfracks Gardens History in brief - started life back in the 1750s the oldest gardens open to the general public in the area. The Bolfracks Burn (stream) garden was planned and constructed by Ian Lawrie of Dundee in 1928. The summerhouse was built in about 1930s for the late Mr J Douglas Hutchison and his brother and sisters as children. Most of the gardens you see today originates from 1970's, the work of Mr J Douglas Hutchison.
Bolfracks Gardens Aspect - The garden enjoys a wonderful aspect overlooking the Tay Valley, with great views out to Castle Menzies and the village of Dull.
Bolfracks Gardens has collections of unusual rare plants, and include a walled garden with herbaceous borders, trees, shrubs and perennials and a stream garden with rhododendrons, azaleas, primulas, meconopsis etc., in a woodland setting.
In spring Bolfracks gardens has masses of bulbs and comes alive with colour, in the autumn the garden is alive with autumn colours.
Bolfracks Ornamental Gardens are open every day from 1st April - 31st October 10 to 6pm. Admission £4.50, under 16s free. No dogs allowed.